Origin Effects RevivalDRIVE Compact
High-end amp-in-a-box overdrive.
The RevivalDRIVE Compact is a versatile overdrive that captures the authentic tone, feel and response of a range of classic non-master volume valve amps.
Inside, it houses an unabridged valve amp signal path recreated in analogue electronics, including the preamp, phase inverter, push-pull power amp and rectifier stages plus a speaker-emulating reactive load.
By altering the way these stages behave and interact, the RevivalDRIVE Compact’s user-friendly controls provide instant access to a wealth of British and American amp voicings, from clean to fully cranked, while powerful EQ compensation controls will make sure it sounds great with a wide variety of amps.
|Highlights||• Ultra-high input impedance
• Silent switching
• High-quality “signal-conditioning” bypass mode
• High-current, low-noise electronics
• Premium components throughout
• Advanced power supply filtering and protection
• Designed and built in England
|Power consumption||9V DC center negative (power supply sold separately)
|Dimensions||H: 5,9 cm
W: 6,6 cm
L: 14,2 cm
• Gain: sets the amount of overdrive;
• Output: sets the overall output level;
• Blend: adjusts mix from 100% overdrive to 100% dry (clean boost), simultaneously adjusting gain to maintain a musical blend of clean and overdriven signals;
• Lows: controls the overdrive’s low-frequency characteristics, from fat and fuzzy Tweed-style distortion to tight and defined British drive;
• Highs: provides continuous adjustment through a range of classic Fender- and Marshall-style preamp voicings, progressively increasing mids and highs;
• More/Pres (clockwise): above 12 o’clock, functions like the classic Marshall Presence knob, releasing high frequencies from the effects of negative feedback;
• More/Pres (counter-clockwise): below 12 o’clock, progressively reduces negative feedback around the power amp, increasing gain and altering the pedal’s transition from clean to overdriven in response to playing dynamics;
• Post-Drive EQ: three preset EQ curves (flat power amp, Fender Blackface, Marshall) and a continuously adjustable filter adapt the pedal’s output to suit your clean amp settings.